Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Work Stations

I don't need to harp on the benefits of movement within the classroom. Administrators are running around with their pens in their hands, marking down every good strategy you are implementing in your classroom.

I like to make it a little easier for them to figure it out for themselves by labeling everything. My problem was in the fact that because I taught so many different groups, the Work Stations I used changed multiple times in one day. I needed something that could be flipped or switched or rotated quickly.

And then it happened ....


I was walking through my local Ikea ( 99 cents! I am in love with this store ) and I noticed these photo frames. The photos slide in through a slit on the top edge and it will hold 5 or 6 different pieces of paper. Switching Stations is now as easy as sliding out the front picture and letting the next one show. Both sides of the frame can show a picture, so one side says "Work Station #4" and the other side shows the directions for what you need to accomplish at that station.


The frames come in white, dark blue, and dark green. I purchased them all of course and will upload more pictures at a later time. I hope these help!

No comments:

Post a Comment